Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pallet Deck

Here's my latest recycling adventure!  I hated walking through the mud when it rained, the rocks when it didn't, and the dirt all the time so I recycled some old pallets into a "deck" of sorts for my recycling cans.  Those two are for plastic and aluminum, respectively, and I'll move a box from the laundry room for the other things.  Cardboard will stay in the laundry room, but what a difference this has made in my life already!
The best part of the whole project was that the pallets were free!  I was at our local recycling/garbage dump and met a man who had a huge trailer he was filling with just a few pieces of junk metal to recycle.  I offered him a large amount I've been collecting if he'd bring me some of the pallets that were sitting out there.  The deal was a good one!  He got more materials to sell and I got my beloved pallets.  Life is good.

No comments: